Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I've Got No Pants

So...in Junior high we had co-ed gym classes. Upon arriving at gym that day I realized I had forgotten my gym shorts. I wasn't about to get a B in gym, and I figured I had my button up sports pants. These pants button on both sides, all the way from top to bottom. I figured this wouldn't really matter because we weren't really doing anything. Everyone was split up into groups of five or six and rotated around the gym doing pull-ups, sit-ups, sit and reach, sprints... My group had completed a few of these and we were currently at one in the center of the gym. You were supposed to time yourself sprinting some-odd distance, but no one was really doing it. My friend and I decided we should race.

We started running and suddenly... her hand goes between the buttons on my pants and with her arms in running motion reaches her arm out in front of her. My pants separate and the front of the pants goes flying out in front of me. Meanwhile, the backside of the pants drops directly to the floor.

Following my first instinct I give a little scream. All eyes turn to me, and there I am.

Standing in the middle of the gym.

Pantsless.

I hurry and collect the two pieces of clothing, but before I can re-robe, I have to button them up again. So, once again, there I am.

Standing in the middle of the gym.

Pantsless.