Tuesday, February 8, 2011
How embarrassing.
A few years ago I was doing my first triathlon. I was pretty excited because up until then I had only been part of relay teams. I was doing pretty well. I had completed the swim and passed a few people on the bike. During the bike there was this one girl whom I would pass, and she would pass me, then I would pass her...and so on. At the very end of the bike she passed me, making me eager to get out on the run. I parked my bike and took off, right behind her. Suddenly I hear this women yell to me, "Do you want me to take your helmet?" I reach up to my head and see that my biking helmet is still on my head. Oh my. That is so embarrassing. I quickly take of the helmet and toss it to the side of the road. Luckily I was still close to the entrance, so she could run over and put it with my biking gear, and not too many people had seen me. But each time I relive the race I get a burning in my cheeks from embarrassment.