Sunday, November 14, 2010

I love boyscouts!

I went up to Camp this year to do some service. I had been up there two or three days, which in camp time is well enough time to make some friends. One of my new friends was a young staffer who was tall and thin. After the campfire one night I was walking back with one of my girlfriends and we heard people behind us screaming. I looked back and saw this tall skinny kid and so decided it would be funny to jump out from behind a tree to scare him.

We hurried into the bushes and waited. These two kids walked past us and I jumped out and screamed and threw my arms around him sort of as an apology for scaring him and was awkwardly patting his stomach when I look up and realize this tall, young boy is not my new friend.

Oh no.

You are not who I thought you were.

You are a very tall, thin boyscout. And I still have my arms around you.

I immediately retrieve my arms and apologize for hugging him, and had him walk in front of us while we continued down the trail.

He didn't seem too bothered.