This past summer I went up to one of my favorite places in the world, Camp Loll, to do service. I had planned to stay for just two or three days, but ended up staying two weeks. Sometime into my second week I was downstairs with all the girls in the commissary. Kylen decided she needed to go to the restroom, and after she left I thought to myself, "Hmmm. I think I'll go too." For some unexplained reason I felt the need to catch up with her so I ran to the stairs and jumped up and wrapped my arms around her while shouting, "I have to go POTTY...!" I thought it would be a funny thing to say considering only five year olds refer to the bathroom as the potty.
Immediately after I shout I hear a crowd of emphatic shushes, "ssshhhh!" This surprised me because usually during the day there is no one in the lodge other than the girls and a few staffers - whom I would expect to laugh at me, not shush me. I turn my head to see who was telling me to be quiet and see the dining hall of the lodge filled with scoutmasters and scouts sitting together paying rapt attention to Delose Conner, who I had apparently just interrupted with my shout. All the scoutmaster's near me were staring at me with faces either agape or filled with large grins trying not to laugh.
I was mortified. I didn't know what to do. As I still had to go "potty" and they could already see me I figured I might as well continue on my way. I tip-toed the rest of the way up the stairs laughing silently and trying to avoid their gazes, and turned to corner toward the bathroom. Once finished I also had to tip-toe back around the group and down the stairs.